Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thankful November: Day 20

I'm thankful for...Alana.
Christmas Extravaganza 2008 - Alana, Me, Nicki - We love Christmas Cheer!
Today is my dear friend, Alana's, birthday! YAY! Since I'm still bumming that I couldn't be in Valentine to spend the weekend celebrating with Breaking Dawn, Holiday Previews, Italian feasts, and the like, I figured I would simply remember Alana by writing about her!

In a few words, Alana is -- Ah-mazing! Organized! Super Party Planner! Excel Spreadsheet Extraordinaire! Dedicated! My Role Model!

No joke -- not only has Alana become one of my closest friends, she is also the person I consider to be my biggest role model. She lives her life for others. She is always working to make sure everyone around her is being served by her work. For me, she emulates what it means to be servant for Christ by the time and effort she puts into serving others Not only that, she is the easiest person to talk to. Any time. Any place. Any subject. She can be a sounding board or can offer that piece of advice that just makes everything finally fall into place.

I have known Alana my entire life as her youngest sister is my very best friend. However it wasn't until about 5 years ago when she moved in with us that I got to know her on a deeper level. I look back and am so blessed that God allowed her to take the chance to move back to Eau Claire and to then take over the dorm mom job at Immanuel. Having her there during that time in my life has helped me grow and learn from her. She has taught me so many ah-mazing things from the glorious workings of an Excel spreadsheet to the importance of immersing yourself in the Scriptures to stay rooted in Christ.

Alana,
I am beyond words thankful for how you have shown me what it means to be a strong woman and a follower of Christ. Thank you for being an example and role model! I hope you had a splendid birthday! I love you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...