Friday, November 11, 2011

Thankful November: Day 11

I'm thankful for...all the Veterans!
Source: google.com via Jennifer on Pinterest



There is just something wonderful about a Veteran. Yes, they've sacrificed their lives for mine. Yes, they've shown what true bravery and honor looks like. But for me, it's the pride they display. Pure, honest pride -- not in themselves -- but in their country. It gives me goosebumps listening to a Veteran tell me about the days when he served in the war. It gives me tears when I see videos and pictures of soldiers coming home to their families. But the goosebumps and tears are all linked back to their faces and the pride and devotion they have for their country.

Today, I am remembering all the members of our military who have put their lives on the line so that I might enjoy a safe and free nation. Today, I am praying for the families who serve their country by continuing on with life when their husband, father, wife, mother, child serve in the military. Today, I am praying that God will be with those who have lost loved ones in the military service. Today, I am praying that God will continue to be with the men and women in our military as they serve Him by serving our nation.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...