Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thankful November: Day 8

I'm thankful for...a reliable car.

(Sorry no picture! All I have is one of my phone showing the cracked bumper and taillight from someone backing up into me--it's not pretty and it's not worth the effort to get it off of my phone)

Over the last few days, my car had been acting a bit funny. It wasn't starting on the first try and then when it did start it was resetting my radio/clock/trip meters/avg mpg meters and my gauges would flutter. My gut reaction was the battery. But my gut isn't so great with cars. So. I called my dad.

I think that's just a daughter's natural reaction. The best part is that I know my dad is not a car guy. Yet every time, I call him. And every time he says the same thing, "Well, it could be a lot of things. Better take it somewhere and have it looked at" I'm here to tell you, yesterday was no different. Sigh.
So...I called my brothers. The one I trust the most with cars NEVER answers his phone, which left me to my older brother who was in agreement that it sounded like my battery.

An hour and $110 later, I have a new battery and a much better sense of peace about driving my car. I just keep reminding myself that it is better to have it fixed and reliable then to be stranded on the side of the road. Ah yes, the joys of owning a vehicle and maintaining it!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...