Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thankful November: Day 16

I'm thankful for...Jeff.
Jeff and our dad
When I think about my brother, Jeff, a whole slew of memories come to mind. Like how easy he was to please as a child. All the kid needed was a sippy cup of apple juice and a movie. Or how I would dance to Alan Jackson's "Summertime Blues" with him in my arms and he would laugh and giggle. Or when he ran through the glass on our storm door. (It was very scary especially since he was only 4!) Or when we thought he might not have the full use of his right hand because he sawed through his fingers. (Yes -- sawed) Or when he took the time to help a new camper wash the mashed potatoes out of his hair. Or how this kid has had his fair share of road blocks thrown in his way, but how he pushes through them in his own way and on his own terms. Or when I watched him spend hours making the cutest pink ribbons for his "Jeff's Angels" dance crew at camp. 
Jeff' and his Angels
Jeff and I share a bond that goes unspoken, but completely understood. In fact, I'm not sure I can even fully explain it. What I do know is that even though he might get annoyed that I sometimes act like his "mom" and I get annoyed when he doesn't think about consequences, he will always be behind me 100%. He will always choose my side and support me. And I for him.

Jeff, I hope you know how much I love and care for you! Behind that sometimes hard facade there is a great big gentle giant, just don't forget to let him show! It's obvious that the Lord has great things planned for you. Remember to only "Be Still" and let Him work for you. I love you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...