Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thankful November: Day 15

I'm thankful for...my students.
We love the zoo!
This year I have 3 students (until next week, when we add a Korean foreign exchange student for 3 months). Count 'em -- one. two. three. Still not the smallest classroom I've had, but this year has been quite unique. In addition to only having 3 students, they are all boys. Can I let you in a little secret??? I love the fact that they are boys. We get to build with Legos, blocks, Lincoln Logs, Tinker Toys, and K'nex in our free time. Our favorite recess activity involves creating a whole new world in the woods behind the school. This world involves a money system of pine cones, a large assortment of weapons which are sticks, and an even better system of government, by which you do go to trial and possibly jail for the misuse of weapons, stealing of "money", or not cleaning your area of the fort. It makes me smile just thinking of it.

To add to that greatness, these boys are just funny. A little competitive, but funny. They also have big hearts of service. Every week we get the chance to volunteer over at a local assisted living and my heart soars watching them interactive with the elderly. They treat them like royalty. They are kind and compassionate. They never get frustrated or annoyed when the sweet ladies want to hold their hands or ask them their name seven times. Last week, my 7th grader even danced with a sweet old lady who asked him. *tear*

These boys have made this year great and I can't wait for everything else that comes our way. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...