- I am incredibly nervous for today. I hardly slept a wink last night. Today, I have a new student starting. Not just any student -- a foreign, Korean student. I have no idea what today is bringing and I have no idea where to even start and I really dislike feeling lost. But that's how it feels.
- Even though I'm nervous, I'm excited to learn about my new student and to try and help her learn English. I think that she might be exactly what I need to settle my antsy "Why do I teach" feelings as of late.
- Friday was a rotten evening. I was in a bit of a funk due to the fact that I was here and not where my heart yearned to be. It goes back to the thought that growing up, having a real job, and moving away from your best friends stinks.
- In a way to combat my "I hate my horrible life" phase of Friday, I spent all of Saturday and Sunday scrubbing every nook and cranny in my apartment. I'm not sure this place has ever been this clean. I even rearranged and finally took my boxes and bike down to my storage unit. Nothing like getting to it after 2 1/2 years. It feels good. Really good.
- Part of my weekend of power cleaning is brought on by the fact that my parents are coming for Thanksgiving. While we aren't celebrating at my house, they are bringing a Christmas tree for our church so they are going to be stopping in Madison to visit. My "mass cleaning because my mom is coming to visit" is just another reminder that I am turning into my mom!!
- I'm beyond thrilled that this is only a 2 1/2 day week at school. I need a break and these students need a break! Let's be honest, we need a break from each other!
Monday, November 21, 2011
So I just need to ramble for awhile...
Hmm....so I'm done rambling for now. Thanks for listening!